The name alone of yesterday's "Fiscal Responsibility Summit" is boring enough, so we can't imagine how dull actually partaking in one would be. Still though, it seems like the kind of thing the director of the National Economic Council should at the very least stay conscious for. Instead, Larry Summers joined the ranks of other recent government leaders who have fallen asleep at inappropriate times including Dick Cheney, Bill Clinton, Dick Cheney (again), and John McCain and right up on the podium. [FT]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode