Marc Dreier, the attorney who has been accused of defrauding hedge funds out of upward of $400 million, has, like Bernie Madoff, been granted permission to wait out his sentencing in his Upper East Side triplex. But don't get too outraged, populace! His conditions are slightly less plush than Madoff's: Due to his penchant for assuming identities and fleeing across borders, a group of armed security guards will be with him in the apartment at all times, and they've been authorized to use "reasonable force" to prevent him from fleeing. Also, he can't have knives "or anything else that might serve as a weapon," or computers or cell phones, and visitors have to be approved. But he is allowed to keep his land line! And if you want to give him a call, he is listed.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 4. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 5. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 9. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women