Moments ago, President Obama officially nominated Republican Senator Judd Gregg of New Hampshire to be his new Commerce secretary. After Gregg is confirmed, Obama will have assembled the most bipartisan Cabinet since Teddy Roosevelt. It's unclear, however, whether Gregg is glad to be there or is just being a good sport, since he apparently voted to abolish the entire department in 1995. That seems like kind of an odd fit, but as long as the guy paid his taxes, he's still way ahead of most other Cabinet nominees. [CQ Politics]
Photo: U.S. Senate
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?