Despite the fact that Pepsi has blatantly co-opted the wildly successful themes of Barack Obama's presidential campaign, Time's Michael Scherer has discovered that nearly everybody in the Obama administration continues to drink Coke. He even rummaged through Robert Gibbs's recycling bin as part of his investigation, finding seven Coke products but nothing from Pepsi. What gives? Perhaps, like the scorpion, Team Obama is simply immune to its own poison or maybe it takes more than just a swirly, colorful circle to convince people a product is good.
Photo: Courtesy of Pepsi
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes