When we read in the Hollywood Reporter this morning that Andrew McCarthy would play the father of Brittany Snow on the CW spinoff of Gossip Girl, we nearly died with glee. Even though he's playing a father and not a playboy, this role will still be perfect for him, because he'll still be able to play a hyperrich semi-soulless nitwit. Why is he so suited for the role? Because he's had years and years of practice. In fact, one might say, he's been preparing for this role his entire life. Let's take a walk down memory lane, to see some of Blane's — er, Andrew's — best roles.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 4. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 5. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 8. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 9. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?