When we read in the Hollywood Reporter this morning that Andrew McCarthy would play the father of Brittany Snow on the CW spinoff of Gossip Girl, we nearly died with glee. Even though he's playing a father and not a playboy, this role will still be perfect for him, because he'll still be able to play a hyperrich semi-soulless nitwit. Why is he so suited for the role? Because he's had years and years of practice. In fact, one might say, he's been preparing for this role his entire life. Let's take a walk down memory lane, to see some of Blane's — er, Andrew's — best roles.
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 7. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire
- 8. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 9. Can You Guess Famous Simpsons Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?