Embattled former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich recently told a bemused David Letterman that, like many people right now, he was "looking for work." Well, thank goodness the cutthroat economy has spared at least one man the hardships of unemployment: Blago just signed a "six-figure" deal with Phoenix Books to tell his harrowing story to the world, or at least the parts we haven't already heard in private conversations recorded by the FBI. In The Governor (working title), Blago will recount the events leading up to his downfall and delve into the "dark side of politics." Well, it's a good thing the man has found some lucrative, albeit temporary, employment because pretty soon, he may have a permanent position making license plates for about 40 cents an hour.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!