So, yesterday we were all salty at Madonna for signing up to adopt another baby from Malawi, because we were worried that the more children the pop star has, the less unique and fabulous Lourdes will be. This point still remains. But we must admit our hearts have softened since we saw the pictures floating around of the girl that Madonna is at "an advanced stage" of legally adopting. Little Mercy James is 14 months old, and (this time around) both of her parents are actually deceased. Madonna found her at the Mchinji Home of Hope orphanage, from which she also adopted her 3-year-old son David Banda. Look at that face! That girl is ready for prime time. Maybe it's okay that Lourdes is going to have a little sister. After all, she's got twelve years until Mercy James catches up and becomes a teenager, and by then Lourdes will be out of college and will have clearly peaked already.
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode