On Saturday, Mayor Bloomberg won the support of the Staten Island Republican Party, putting him just one county-committee nod away from securing a spot on the party's ballot line come November. But voters will find Hizzoner's name on the ballot regardless, because, as in 2001 and 2005, he's also earned the endorsement of the Independence Party (which is not the same as small-"i" independent though many of its own members don't realize that). So take all the time you want, Republicans; Bloomie doesn't need your hallowed approval! No, actually it would still be really helpful. [NYT]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!