On Saturday, Mayor Bloomberg won the support of the Staten Island Republican Party, putting him just one county-committee nod away from securing a spot on the party's ballot line come November. But voters will find Hizzoner's name on the ballot regardless, because, as in 2001 and 2005, he's also earned the endorsement of the Independence Party (which is not the same as small-"i" independent though many of its own members don't realize that). So take all the time you want, Republicans; Bloomie doesn't need your hallowed approval! No, actually it would still be really helpful. [NYT]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?