The troubled economy may mean that Eliot Spitzer could be forgiven for sleeping with hookers in record time! The Love Gov and former "Sheriff of Wall Street" went on the Today show this morning as part of what is increasingly looking like a comeback tour, i.e. a bid for some kind of administration job, and although Matt Lauer opened up with a variation on "let's get the hookersex out of the way," discussion about the economy and the need for a new regulatory structure (hint, hint) surpassed talk about the governor's "gremlins" by a minute and three seconds! This is in part due to Eliot's expert dodging of the subject. "How long did this [hookersex] go on?" Lauer asks, as if he's expecting Spitzer to start counting on his fingers. "Not long in the context of my life," Spitzer stonewalls. Not bad at all.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. New Man of Steel Trailer: Oh My Zod
- 4. Pope Francis Performed an Accidental Exorcism
- 5. Oklahoma Tornado Survivor Has to Leave State Now, Forever, Thanks to Wolf Blitzer
- 6. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 7. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 8. Keynes Skeptics Find New Economic Poster Boy
- 9. Last Night on Late Night: Jason Bateman, Goaded Into Blaming Will Arnett for Arrested Development Holdup