In just two months since being named to the Senate, Kirsten Gillibrand has raised $2.3 million for her reelection bid, a haul she announced as polls show her still trailing Carolyn McCarthy in a potential primary duel. The fact remains that 64 percent of New Yorkers still don't have any opinion about Gillibrand, and were probably surprised to be told by pollsters that she is, in fact, their senator. But a few more fund-raising quarters like this one "one of the biggest ... by any Senate candidate in recent election cycles" and she won't have any trouble getting the word out. [Hill]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode