She's been a senator for three months now, but as she works her way through every corner of the state, it's clear that, to many people, she's vaguely recognizable at best. "Oh! You’re the lady from upstate New York!" was how one senior citizen in Brooklyn greeted Gillibrand recently. At another event in Manhattan, she was somehow mistaken for a brunette Fox reporter. And at the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce this is all on the same day, mind you her name was mispronounced unrelentingly during her introduction. Well ... close enough. [Buffalo News]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?