Sure, they may be out of office, but that doesn't mean Bush administration officials can't still engage in one of their favorite former pastimes — trying to influence the Justice Department! The Washington Post reports that as the Justice Department wraps up a five-year ethics probe into the Office of Legal Council lawyers who wrote the memos authorizing torture, attorneys for the probe's targets are asking senior Bush appointees "to write and phone Justice Department officials" to try to "soften" the report. [WP]
Photo: Courtesy of the Justice Department
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?