After Sully landed his plane and the survivors were evacuated and everyone made their late-night television appearances, it was time to clean up the sunken wreckage of Flight 1549. Photographer Stephen Mallon tagged along with the cleanup crew, which required the East Coast's largest floating crane. The pictures are a sobering reminder that we must always remain vigilant against terrorism in all its feathered forms. [Wired]
Photo: Courtesy of Wired.com
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 8. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?
- 9. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode