Disgraced Democratic fund-raiser Norman Hsu, the onetime recipient of an excessively flattering Hillary Clinton voice mail, was found guilty of campaign-finance fraud today. For three years Hsu had coerced investors of his Ponzi scheme into making donations to his favored politicians in order to "raise his public profile" (which probably should've been a good sign that his investment scheme might not have been on the up and up, either). "I think he expected [the guilty verdict] because it was quick," said Alan Seidler, Hsu's lawyer. And also because he was extremely guilty. [WSJ]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!