Mayor Bloomberg's favorite monster from Sesame Street is the Count, he told us last night at the Sesame Workshop Annual Benefit Gala, which celebrated 40 years of the legendary children's show. Why? "You know, he probably doesn’t have a lot of friends and I just sort of wanted to help the guy," he said. So which character did he most identify with? "Elmo, if anybody," he said. "Because I know we look alike. We’re the same height and I’ve got the same kind of nose. Same coloring." But that all changed when Mayor Bloomberg met Muppet Bloomberg, a character created specially for the occasion by the Sesame Workshop to honor Hizzoner with a "Global Leadership Award." As you can see, Muppet Bloomberg's coloring is much more similar to Mayor Bloomberg's than Elmo's is.
Photo: Hechler Photographers, Courtesy of Sesame Workshop
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. The Vampire Diaries Finale Recap: All’s Well That Ends Well ... for Now
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring