Mayor Bloomberg's favorite monster from Sesame Street is the Count, he told us last night at the Sesame Workshop Annual Benefit Gala, which celebrated 40 years of the legendary children's show. Why? "You know, he probably doesn’t have a lot of friends and I just sort of wanted to help the guy," he said. So which character did he most identify with? "Elmo, if anybody," he said. "Because I know we look alike. We’re the same height and I’ve got the same kind of nose. Same coloring." But that all changed when Mayor Bloomberg met Muppet Bloomberg, a character created specially for the occasion by the Sesame Workshop to honor Hizzoner with a "Global Leadership Award." As you can see, Muppet Bloomberg's coloring is much more similar to Mayor Bloomberg's than Elmo's is.
Photo: Hechler Photographers, Courtesy of Sesame Workshop
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck