Sonic Youth's new record comes out June 9. So when we caught up with the band at the Kitchen Spring Gala Benefit, we wondered what kinds of tricks they have planned to get people to spend money on music. "Maybe we'll have to pimp out our relationship for it," singer Kim Gordon admitted, since the day it comes out is also her and fellow band member Thurston Moore's anniversary. Meanwhile, artist Nate Lowman couldn't even go near her. "I'm too starstruck," he told us when we asked if he's met the band. "I had a picture of Kim Gordon pregnant, in leather pants, on my wall when I was a kid. I don't need to know who she really is."
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death