This week, Joan Rivers put the Upper East Side penthouse she bought twenty years ago on the market for $25 million. Apparently, she is planning to spend more of her time on the West Coast with her daughter Melissa and her family. The penthouse, a 5,190-square-foot duplex atop a converted 42-foot-wide 1903 mansion, has been recently restored — not, the Times points out, unlike Joan's face — by “museum-trained artisans,” and the décor is surprisingly old-lady Versailles, not what we were expecting from Joan at all. (Shouldn't she live somewhere chilly and modern, like the Deetz's place in Beetlejuice, or a cryogenics lab?) But once we started flipping through the pictures, which you can see here in our slideshow, we realized we can imagine Joan living in this frilly dream house ...
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!