Bernie Madoff may have helped upend the economy with his $65 billion Ponzi scheme. But in a way, he's also helping it rebuild. The trustee in charge of liquidating and redistributing what is left of his assets is making a tidy sum for his firm. Society photographer Patrick McMullan has made a bundle off of his iconic Madoff photograph. And as long as Bernie's wife, Ruth, manages to stay out of the Big House, the paparazzi will be kept busy. Plus, an entire marketplace of Madoff tchotchkes has sprung up. We've put together some of the best of them in a slideshow.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 9. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe