The very public spat between Sarah Palin and David Letterman has evolved into a kind of symbiotic relationship, providing Palin an excuse to hold numerous TV interviews, and Letterman with a well-timed ratings boost. It's worked out great for everyone except Willow Palin, who, if we know 14-year-olds, isn't enjoying hearing constantly about being hypothetically raped by A-Rod. Luckily, just as the controversy was petering out on its own, a group has organized a rally outside Letterman's studio for 4:30 p.m. tomorrow to demand that the comedian be fired for a joke similar to one told by Jay Leno nine months ago. It's being led by New York State assemblyman Brian Kolb, freelance TV legal analyst Gwendolyn Lindsay-Jackson, and radio host and documentarian John Ziegler. Now, we know what you're thinking: Didn't John Ziegler once go on a dating show and make the extremely misogynistic claim that an informed and rational woman is an oxymoron, and isn't he therefore an odd choice to lead this protest? Yup!
Photo: Getty Images, Courtesy of CBS
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]