"Why not?" asks the Times' Clyde Haberman today. We don't really use it for anything that important, we already house plenty of terrorists (and a pirate) in our jails, and, as an added bonus, the prisoners could be forced to stare at the Statue of Liberty all day. We'd also suggest placing the island's forthcoming Water Taxi Beach right outside their windows, to show them that the carefree, hedonistic American lifestyle they seek to destroy is actually pretty awesome. [NYT]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!