Governor Paterson celebrated his 55th birthday at the Mandarin Oriental hotel last night, and if the utter breakdown of order and democracy in Albany hadn't already dampened his spirits, the protest outside may have. Police officers and firefighters angry about Paterson's veto of an extension of their pensions varnished their rendition of the normally jovial "Happy Birthday" song with an unmistakable coat of bitter sarcasm, and capped it off with a loud boo. They also started in a key too high for most of them to handle, so really, everybody lost. [NY1]
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 5. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring