Last week at the Campus Progress National Conference in Washington, D.C., Bill Clinton was asked whether he supported same-sex marriage. "I personally support people doing what they want to do," he said. "I think it's wrong for someone to stop someone else from doing that." This is a departure from his previously stated opinions, but Clinton also said he doesn't think it should be legalized federally. That remains consistent with the fact that he signed the Defense of Marriage Act defining civil marriage federally "as a legal union exclusively between one man and one woman." [Nation]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!