Not that we needed any confirmation after a month of what we just endured, but the National Journal has declared Albany the most dysfunctional state government in the country. We get a perfect ten for leadership problems and statewide challenges (the economy, mayoral control), a nine for "media circus" (totally the fault of the tabloids), and an eight for criminality, which, sadly, seems kind of generous. [National Journal]
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 8. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring