Back in 2004, an SEC lawyer with the whimsical name of Genevievette Walker-Lightfoot raised questions to her boss, Mark Donohue, and his supervisor, Eric Swanson, about the unusual trading patterns and strategies of one Bernie Madoff. "Concentrate on mutual funds for the time being," they told her, and requested she turn over her research, which they packed up and put in cold storage. In 2007, Eric Swanson married Shana Madoff, Bernie's niece. Probably just a coincidence.
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!