The confirmation hearings of Sonia Sotomayor wrapped up around 8 p.m. last night, finishing up one day shorter than the questioning of Samuel Alito in 2006. Which means the final tally of utterances of the exact phrase "wise Latina," or sometimes, inaccurately, "wise Latino," stands at 27 throughout the four days of hearings. If Sotomayor had never used that line in her speeches, this whole thing could have been over and done with on Wednesday.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire