Today the Brooklyn Paper talks to a man who hangs a Confederate flag from the balcony of his apartment. He doesn't even particularly love the Confederacy, though he does share its spirit of rebellion. “I do it because I’m against political correctness,” the man, who identifies himself only as Mike, tells the paper. The fact that this is rare enough to be a newspaper story makes us wonder: Is anyone else in this city of 8 million brazen enough to fly the Confederate flag? Have you seen it anywhere else? [Brooklyn Paper]
Photo: Brooklyn Paper
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 8. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 9. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]