After shooting at Vogue for several weeks for his latest documentary, The September Issue, filmmaker R. J. Cutler walked away from the experience with more fashion knowledge, but no industry swag. "No, one doesn’t get clothes as a documentarian," he told us last night at the premiere for the movie at the Museum of Modern Art. "But I learned a lot about the fashion industry, and I’m grateful for that." Though it seems like he did pick up one style tip from editor-in-chief Anna Wintour — how to wear sunglasses to public events. View more in our Party Lines slideshow.
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode