If you gossip about it, they will come. Or so it seems for Icelandic singer Björk and her artist husband, Matthew Barney. On August 12, one solitary neighbor tweeted that the pair was moving to Brooklyn Heights. The tweeter admitted he was starting a rumor, but the Brooklyn Heights Blog picked up on it, for fun. A week later, longtime borough chronicler (and Brooklyn Flea co-founder) Brownstoner upgraded the news from blather to bona fide. Though city records show the couple's name newly attached to a four-bedroom, four-bath co-op on Henry Street (asking price: $4.25 million), some BHB commenters are reserving judgment until the deed is filed. (It's gorgeous, but totally conventional. And it has a wraparound terrace just like their former downtown apartment.) From our angle, though, the move definitely appears to be real: According to Streeteasy, the one-bedroom, two-bath apartment that the couple owns on West Houston Street was put on the market a day before the Henry Street apartment pad went into contract. The price tag for the one-bedroom, two-bath, still available for Cremaster-loving, swan-dress devotees? $1.7 million.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!