"I don't know what the new CEO [Robert Benmosche] is referring to when he's saying the government people are 'crazies,'" White House economic adviser Austan Goolsbee, who is either in deep denial or has actually never seen this or this, told the Washington Post today, "but I would just caution them not to be too cheeky because, the government — the American people saved the day and they didn't do it because they liked AIG or they thought they were really great guys who deserve hundreds of billions of dollars. I mean, they did it to prevent the economy from melting down, and I think people ought to be a little more circumspect in their pronouncements about the government." Nice, but a little late, Goolsbee. This is nothing Bob hasn't already told himself. [WP]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!