Chipper cable host Rachel Maddow told Jimmy Fallon last night, on the air, that she recently had swine flu. "First my girlfriend got it, and then I got it," she shrugged. "It was a really stanky flu, and I had to take the week off." She's fine now, but while she recuperated she sat around the house and read I, Claudius and "graphic novels about Afghanistan," because she is a lovable geek. "I had the flu! I don't know," she laughed. "I have weird taste." We've been thinking about it, and we must say, the swine-flu gods have a weird sense of humor. Rachel Maddow is basically the only nighttime cable host we can think of who would deal so blithely with contracting H1N1, with the exception of maybe Campbell Brown, Shep Smith, or Anderson Cooper (and we're not even sure on the latter two — they might be secretly fussy). Imagine if Keith Olbermann, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Lou Dobbs, Chris Matthews, or Greta Van Susteren got swine flu. It would be terror central! Either that or a live broadcast from Whiny Town.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 5. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 6. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013