At last night's launch party for Anna Sui's Gossip Girl–inspired Target diffusion line, Penn Badgley told us that playing a New York–based college kid is not so tough for him. "Being young and living in the city is enough experience of its own, and I'm living that," he said. "I feel like it's pretty authentic in that sense." Naturally, we then asked if he used tongue on Hilary Duff last week. "No, God, no! It was a modest kiss, totally unromantic. It's a job. "Taylor Momsen, who showed up last and with lipstick smeared all over her teeth in an almost chic way, said Jenny's getting more debauched, too: "She's a junior and she's queen, and she's definitely growing up and maturing — but she's going to get sucked back in. She's on the Upper East Side now and has money and power." Momsen, however, is still a downtown girl. "I'm a loner in real life," she said. "[Being 16] is way overrated. I can't even drive in the city. Can you do more at 17? I don't know." Sigh.
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women