Who ever thought a NY1 anchor would have such a compelling inner life? Dominic Carter, the political anchor for the placid, well-loved news channel, not only abuses his wife — he also has a secret family! That's according to his wife, Marilyn's, brother, who accuses Carter of having maintained a long-running affair with his high-school sweetheart and fathering two children with her (one of whom he says is named Dominic Jr., just like one of Carter's sons with his wife). The brother, Larry Stevens, also says that the domestic abuse in the Carter household has been going on for twenty years, and that his family has often urged Marilyn to leave her husband. In court yesterday, where the pair testified about a particularly nasty fight last year, Marilyn admitted that Carter had cheated on her, but denied that he'd ever hit her, according to the Post.That contradicts a 911 call she made last year, and a police report in which she claimed he punched her several times in the face and told her, "You're dumb, you're stupid, you're retarded ... you're a dumb project bitch, and I have no respect for you." As the misdemeanor assault case progresses, NY1 has put their former star anchor on "indefinite leave of absence."
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring