Elizabeth Edwards recently told a local news station that her husband, John Edwards, is still a world-class bullshit artist. Not in those words, exactly, but when you consider that Edwards almost definitely fathered a child with Rielle Hunter and even (allegedly) told the Overboard extra that the Dave Matthews Band would play at their rooftop wedding once the missus had died, you have to look askance at lines like this: "John said, 'Perhaps [it's] not the great love story that we hoped, but maybe a great love story nonetheless." Yeah, well, no. John kind of put the kibosh on the chances of the Edwards marriage ever being described as a "great love story." Maybe Elizabeth knows that, deep down. But the positive outlook seems to be a coping mechanism she's applying to both her husband's infidelity and her terminal cancer. "Why would I give [the cancer] any more days than it's going to take from me?" she says. "That's a choice that I make."
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 5. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring