Harvard Bystanders Don’t Care That Harvard Students Got Poisoned


Six students and scientists working in a Harvard science lab were poisoned by coffee laced with a preservative commonly found in the lab in August, according to an internal Harvard memo released last week. The six were taken to the hospital with low blood pressure and dizziness, and were treated and released. This information is coming to light now, two months later, because authorities were waiting for toxicology tests to come back confirming poison. Local Boston ABC News affiliate WCVB interviewed people outside the lab this weekend, and their reactions ranged from “I haven’t heard about it” to “I’m not concerned about it,” kind of undermining the shock value of the report. They really couldn’t find a single person to say “Wow, poisoning, that sucks, man,” or anything like that?