On Sunday, Brooklyn resident Garfield Dixon was hospitalized after his neighbor Oscar Joseph attacked him for flirting with his wife. You may know Dixon better as Major Mackerel, the dance-hall reggae star from the eighties whose hits included "Sorry Fi Botha" and "Dutty Bungle." He was ambushed outside his home in East Flatbush by Joseph, who was, naturally, wielding a Samurai sword. After a brief argument, according to Mackerel's girlfriend Novia Watson, they began "wrastling for the sword." "It was a big surprise," said Mackerel, who ended up getting slashed on the head and hand. (Joseph was promptly arrested.) From the Daily News story, it seems like poor Mackerel's girlfriend was more broken up about the whole thing than he himself was. "He was chopped with a sword," Watson said. "I couldn't believe it!" "I don't feel bad," Mackerel told the tabloid outside his home upon returning from the hospital, still wearing his gown. "These things happen ... It's a Jamaican thing."
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?