A story today about a senior center in the Bronx where retired people have a weekly Friday-night talent show is fascinating, if you can manage to ignore the whiff of patronization. Quotes like this one, for example: "People say they’re too old to learn, but you learn until you die. And then you learn to die" are less poignant when you realize the speaker is only 66 years old. That's not very old! [NYT]
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?