Owing to concerns over a continued rise in unemployment, the Obama administration is looking into passing another round of initiatives meant to promote hiring and support people who have lost their jobs. "Clearly these things are a stimulus," said Dean Baker, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research. They will not, however, be referred to as part of another "stimulus package," as that term is now closely associated with spending vast sums of money in a marginally effective way. [Bloomberg]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!