For nearly 40 years, Charlie Rangel has represented what is considered one of the safest congressional districts in the country, one whose borders he was actually allowed to personally redraw as a favor from governor Nelson Rockefeller. But recently Rangel has been forced to exert himself once again, "reactivating his old campaign organization" and "barnstorming his district" in the face of a potentially tough primary battle next year. And all it took was getting investigated for half a dozen ethics charges simultaneously. [NYT]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?