JPMorgan is lifting the onerous salary freeze it placed on employees earning more than $60,000 a year, and — ostensibly because they don't want to be seen as favoring the wealthy — they're throwing a few alms to the poor folks in their community, too: "In addition," the memo from HR reads, "We will grant a one-time US$500 special award early next year to employees globally with total annual cash compensation of less than US$60,000." God bless us, every one. [DealBook/NYT]
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!