As the State Commission on Public Integrity begins an inquiry into Governor David Paterson's allegedly unethical attendance at a World Series game, it's worth recalling Mayor Rudy Giuliani's exponentially more long-lasting, fruitful, and unethical relationship with the Yankees. Giuliani was always at Yankee games, but as the Village Voice's Wayne Barrett reported a couple of years ago, he only paid for "some of his tickets." Furthermore, Giuliani and his friends were "repeatedly given Yankee jackets, caps, autographed balls, and other gifts," and Giuliani even received personally engraved World Series rings worth tens of thousands of dollars while he was in office. Mayor Bloomberg attends plenty of Yankee games as well, but he pays for his own seats, every time, obviously.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?