The White House released the list of the luminaries, dignitaries and shiny, famous folks expected to eat arugula with the president at tonight's state dinner and it's full of the names you'd expect. Most of the media types, political types and Hollywood types in attendance were early supporters of the President back when he was that Senator from Illinois. David Geffen and his boyfriend landed plum seats at Obama's table, along with Sen. John Kerry, Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Ambassador to India Tim Roemer and PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi. Oprah, notably, will be absent. But she sent Gayle King in her stead. All in all, it's an impressive list of powerful people who you'd expect to get to do things like eat dinner with the president, with the exception of one: M. Night Shyamalan. Who let him in?
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?