The battle between Williamsburg bicyclists and Williamsburg Jews over a Bedford Avenue bike lane will take a turn for the naked this weekend when at least 50 protesters pedal down the street with no clothes. The protest is a response to complaints from some Orthodox Jews about cyclists who bare too much skin and comes a few weeks after the city painted over a bike lane on Bedford. Some guerrilla bicyclists (not gorilla bicyclists, unfortunately) repainted the lane, which the city quickly covered again, leaving the bicyclists with only one logical course of action — riding naked in sub-freezing temperatures.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper