As a kid growing up on the Lower East Side, Jack Beers became known on vaudeville as "New York City's Strongest Boy." Later, he worked as a dog trainer and had small roles in Tootsie and Ghost Busters. In this clip from the documentary on his life airing tonight on PBS, a 94-year-old Beers navigates GPS, takes a shower, and rips a phone book into thirds with his bare hands. "We did it in one take," director David Wachs says.
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 7. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire
- 8. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 9. Can You Guess Famous Simpsons Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?