Progressives across the country are growing increasingly frustrated with Sen. Joe Lieberman and now at least one group has decided to do something about it — attack his wife! Liberal website Firedoglake launched a campaign against Hadassah Lieberman on Friday to remove her from her position as "Global Ambassador" for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation because "of the inherent conflict of interest her continued presence brings." The site has called on celebrities who've raised money for the charity, like Ellen and Neil Patrick Harris, to help oust Lieberman, who has previously consulted for large pharmaceutical companies. The charity, so far, hasn't budged. "We have every intention of continuing our relationship with Ms. Lieberman in our mutual pursuit of a world without breast cancer," a spokesman said.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Megyn Kelly Called In Sick Last Night
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 9. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times