Robert Franklin, the grizzled and awesome Santa Claus who works the South Street Seaport, takes his job seriously. "Mr. Franklin says there is a responsibility that comes with the job," reports the Times. "He even refrains from belting out too many 'Ho, ho, hos!' He explained: 'It has to be real. It has to come from deep inside. If I don’t feel it’s right, I don’t do it. You don’t fool the children.'” [NYT]
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?