Today the Post confirms what's been rumored for a while now, that CNN anchor Anderson Cooper has purchased (for $4.3 million) and is renovating a glamorous old firehouse on West Third Street in the Village. Listen to the features of the place, which was recently nominated to be included in the National Register of Historic Places:
• Original, sinewy spiral staircases.
• Massive ceiling beams strong enough to support the trucks' massive hoses.
• Wall murals of robust firemen through the ages.
• Intact, gleaming brass firemen's poles.
• A two-story, unused stable filling out the rear.
• A strong-jawed bust of Mercury over the giant ground-floor doors.
We're guessing it's the bust of Mercury that really sealed the deal for ol' Manderson.