Kima Graham thought she was doing the right thing when she took in a stray cat off the street, offering him shelter in the little one-bedroom apartment that she only shared with another kitten (and, presumably, some houseplants with big personalities). That was five years ago. This week, the ASPCA had to raid her apartment and rescue her from the feline hordes who sprung from that randy pair — in all, 37 cats were sharing the apartment with Graham, and more were on the way. All of the cats seemed healthy and well-cared-for, it was just that Graham couldn't afford to keep feeding them (or to listen to their "near-constant screeching"). But even the animal experts at the ASPCA spent over three-and-a-half hours trying to corral all of them. That's over five minutes per cat! This is why you should get dogs, people. There could have been 50 of them in one apartment, and all it would have taken was one tennis ball to evacuate them.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability