According to the Observer, Bruce Blakeman, a lawyer and former candidate for comptroller, will officially announce his candidacy for the Senate on Saturday, making him the first Republican to actually enter the race against Kirsten Gillibrand and not just talk about it. Meanwhile, Newsday the part we can read without paying for it reports that the announcement will come Sunday. Either way, it's supposedly happening this weekend, so here are two fun facts about Blakeman: He once released an ad featuring his own dog speaking in a terrifying, otherworldly voice, and his ex-wife, Nancy Shevell, is currently dating Paul McCartney. Also, according to political consultants we spoke to recently, he has almost no chance of winning this election.
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode