Bristol and Sarah Palin's appearances on Oprah today, via videoconference, was pretty much what you'd expect: platitudes from Sarah, avoidance from Bristol, and genuine — but subtle — disbelief emanating from the daytime guru herself. We've picked our two favorite moments. In the first, Sarah Palin makes a painfully awkward joke about Bristol promising never to have sex again until she gets married. "Hey, does that, does that, does that mean you're going marry pretty young?" Palin asks, simultaneously indicating that she understands how hard this promise is to keep, and also that she does not understand what kind of joke makes daughters want to commit self-harm. Then, at another point, Oprah can't stop saying that she's "bristled" about Bristol, which is maybe only funny to us.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper