A featured speaker in CPAC's "Saving Freedom for Future Generations" panel this morning (we are subjecting ourselves to all of this for you, readers) was Jason Mattera, the spokesman for Young America's Foundation, a conservative group whose mission is to inspire America's youth with the principles of conservatism. How did he go about doing that today? By obnoxiously deriding college courses on feminism. Did you know, for example, that the University of Michigan offers a class on Native American feminism? HA HA HA. You would have to be downright intellectually curious to give a shit about that. Mattera ended this segment of his speech with a joke that used Barney Frank's gayness as punchline. Great job, Republicans if it were 1950, you'd have made a lot of new converts today.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 5. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability